We believe in supporting the planet and its inhabitants whenever possible. Whether it is to help people or animals in need, improve knowledge or preserve planet Earth. In Bali this philosophy is known as Tirta Karna.
We are lucky to be able to live and holiday in Beautiful Bali. We ask you to make conscious decisions when visiting to follow Tirta Karna.
Bisma Cottages gives back via the below initiatives:
- Refill my Bottle – Bisma Cottages is a refill my bottle station. Guests can refill water bottles complimentary and people walking post can refill for a small fee.
- One time plastic bottles for guest drinking water have not been offered since 2017. We use a refillable glass water bottle. Guests have unlimited drinking water available when staying at Bisma Cottages. We also use metal straws instead of plastic.
- Linen is changed once every 3 days for water conservation and reduce detergent pollution to the waterways.
- Canang or daily offerings used at the property’s temples do not include any items plastic wrapped.
- Staff Tshirts used for our uniform is made from 40% recycled plastic and 60% cotton.
- Small reusable bags have been made and donated to the local warung in Jalan Bisma so take away food is not placed inside a plastic bag.
- In 2018 when the pool deck required replacing, an environmentally friendly product was selected rather than wood. Conwood is made from a mix of recycled materials including plastic and sawdust.
- Jalan Bisma road surface has been in disrepair for a couple of years as it is not zoned as a government road. In 2019 businesses formed a committee to have the road fixed and raise the funds. Our Manager was on the committee and Bisma Cottages owners donated toward to the project.
- Solemen helps disadvantaged people of Bali. Bisma Cottages is the Ubud drop off point for persons wanting to donate goods or monies. See xxxx for current items in need. Sole buddy teddy bears can also be purchased at Bisma Cottages with proceeds given to the charity.
- One of the attractions to Ubud is the fantastic Festivals. We believe these festivals are important for both cultural and economic reasons. To date complimentary accommodation has been provided to Bali Spirit and Ubud Writers Festival for hosting festival performers
- Accommodation vouchers are often donated to support causes such as;
- Indonesia – Stella’s Child, Gili Eco Trust, Class Room of Hope, Bali Hope Ultra, Bali Childhood Foundation.
- Australia – Camp Quality.